Insect Shield® technology converts clothing into long-lasting effective and convenient insect protection. The active ingredient in the Insect Shield® technology is permethrin. Permethrin has been used in the US as an EPA registered product since 1977 with an excellent safety record. Our treatment binds it so tightly to the fabric that it lasts the life of the garment and provides protection near your skin instead of on it.
Insect Shield® Advantages
Permethrin treated apparel is recommended by the following agencies:
- Effective- Repels mosquitoes, ticks, ants, biting flies, chiggers, and midges (no-see-ums).
- Appealing- Odorless & Invisible Protection
- Durable- Lasts the Life of the Garment
- Safe- So safe even expecting or nursing women as well as infants and children can wear it.
- Low Care- Normal laundering. No dry-cleaning
- Tested and Proven - Efficiency proven via KD testings which is the preferred standard also used by the CDC, WHO, & USDA .
Need to see it working in action? Check out these videos that show how Insect Shield technology is tough on bugs.